TOP FIVE CONSIDERATIONS WHEN BUYING A NEW MANUFACTURED HOME
Purchasing a home is probably one of the most consequential decisions that any of us will make in our lifetime. As such, it also can be an exciting undertaking, especially if the home you choose meets your expectations, needs and wants.
Today’s modern manufactured homes and modular homes check all the boxes “for everything a home should be,” and will be equal or superior, in every respect, as a site built home and will have a cost of about 50% less!
The following are the top 5 things we suggest to consider before making that momentous decision towards realizing the unique American dream of homeownership.
(1) Budgeting/Financing – Explore What’s Possible – Assuming you have decided that a new manufactured home is the home for you, it is important that you obtain as much information as possible and explore what is available and what your budget will allow, before entering into the transaction, including costs of land purchase or rent in a manufactured home community, taxes, Insurance, etc. If you intend to finance the purchase you should determine your credit score and converse with a manufactured home lender, such as – ManufacturedHome.Loan – to determine down payment requirements and the amount you will qualify for.
(2) Selecting Square Footage To Match Budget And Family Dynamic – Here at ManufacturedHomes.com, you will find 1,000’s of models, floor plans, 3D virtual tours and construction specifications for most all of the manufactured homes available in the United States. Here you can enjoy comfortable shopping experience from the comfort of home. Manufactured homes are available from 500 sq.ft. in single section homes up to over 3,000 sq.ft in double and triple-wides. The number of bedrooms are from one to five and bathrooms from one to three. The average size of a single section is around 1,000 square feet with 2 baths; double-wide homes averaging around 1600 square feet of interior living space with two baths. Stated square footage of homes does not include models with covered porches, which have become very popular, enhancing exterior elevation, as well as increasing indoor/outdoor casual dining and relaxation space with minimal extra cost to the total sales price.
(3) Choosing Floor Plan For Preferred Lifestyle – Every manufacturer offers dozens of floor plan choices. Many of those have basic concepts with numerous variations. Single section one-bedroom plans feature either a front kitchen with a living room at the center or living room or front living opening to center kitchen with a bedroom at the rear of floor plan. The single wide multiple bedrooms plan preferred by most buyers features the master bedroom and bath privately located at rear of plan with secondary bedrooms and guest bath at the opposite end with living room and kitchen at the center of the plan. This is also the configuration that appeals to most multi-width home shoppers. This floor plan arrangement offers privacy and an open concept in the main living areas, as well as eliminating wasted hallway space.
(4) Personalize with decor and optional upgrades to suit your preferences – Flexibility in the construction process allows for customization and personalization to meet a buyer’s lifestyle and needs. Standard and/or optional features include Vaulted ceilings, fireplaces, luxury baths, master bedroom retreats, covered porches, state of the art kitchens, entertainment centers, family rooms, offices, energy efficiency upgrades such as Energy Star and much more! In other words, quality and efficient custom-built to your wants and requirements.
(5) Know exactly which home(s) meet your requirements and budget before visiting a retail display center – The simplest and most satisfying result of purchasing a home is knowing exactly what you want and what it will cost. Here at ManufacturedHomes.com, we have created a wealth of information and images that allows you to shop and plan for becoming a homeowner before personally interacting with a manufactured home seller, all from the comfort of your existing home. Simply enter your location on the home page, select a home or homes you love, available near you and request a no-obligation Custom Price Quote.