Manufactured Home Dealers: Questions You Should Ask
Manufactured home dealers do what they do for a reason: They know their field well and want to create safe homes for their clients. Because of this, they are willing and ready to answer questions you may have during the home buying process. If you have any doubts about whether a manufactured home is the right option for you, make sure you are prepared with a list a questions to ask when meeting with your dealer of choice.
There are no stupid questions when it comes to your home. This is a really big step in your life! Any respectable manufactured home dealer will want to ease your mind and address your concerns.
Here is a list of questions you may want to ask manufactured home dealers before committing to their services:
- How long have you been in business?
- Do you have a Better Business Bureau rating?
- May I see any testimonials?
- Is there any flexibility with your floor plans?
- Do your homes come with a warranty? Who do I deal with if I have any problems? Are there options for extended warranties?
- Are financial plans available? Will I need insurance in case of any damage to the home in transport? Or does your business insurance cover that?
- Who is in charge of developing the land where my home will be placed?
- Will my home be able to withstand the climate in my area?
- How will I know that my home is secure on its foundation?
- Is it possible for me to see how a home is built? Are sited tours available?
All these questions are important in the manufactured home buying process. Don’t shy away from getting the answers you need. Most dealers will be prepared to spend time with you to help create the home of your dreams.[cf]skyword_tracking_tag[/cf]